In no particular order:
- The world hasn't ended yet. The summit hasn't started between my CEO at work and the North Korean leader, either.
- I set up a Gogs instance at http://git.erielookingproductions.info with help from the gogsgit snap. The next step is to figure out setting up HTTPS on it. Yes, Alan, there is a firewall.
- Updated the LaTeX doc that serve as "my website" over at http://erielookingproductions.info.
- Somehow I still have a job. The internal dashboards are extremely scary-looking. I haven't heard back on any outside applications. The profile at LinkedIn has probably every little detail I can stuff in it.
- I'm still using LaTeX to layout the worship booklets for the church's mission activity at the local nursing home. Consider how graphics-heavy it is with all the scans from the hymnals, LaTeX actually makes it pretty easy compared to fussy with MS Word let alone LibreOffice Writer. Granted, I end up producing PDF files that range around 25-35 megabytes each fortnight but we get usable materials. So far it has worked for over a year as I've tightened up the workflow and have become more adept at using LaTeX routinely in a humanities role.
- Work has me stuck at "week to week" life to where I don't know if I even have a work schedule for the next week. That makes planning a bit rough. OggCamp 18 is on my mind as I try to figure out what the barely-communicated needs of the enterprise are compared to my role in meeting them. To use a sad expression, barely anybody is singing from the same hymnal at work whether it is agency executives or first-line managers.
- Eventually I will get a proper cord-cutting operation in place. Antennae are up. One receiver is in place. I need to get the personal video recorder up and going next.
What is new in Ashtabula?
- Ripped out the packaged TeX Live 2017 and installed a vanilla Tex Live 2018 on my Xubuntu 18.04 system
- Left documentation of my vanilla TeX Live 2018 integration effort at https://github.com/skellat/texlive2018-meta
- Updated the main website at http://erielookingproductions.info and realized that there probably are no GDPR implications for a static site since it does not collect anything and I am the only one with anything to delete
- The job continues although the CEO has issued orders about accelerating firings
- Our mainframe computer system collapsed entirely on April 17th and we risk another collapse
- A possible Reduction-In-Force looms
- Still on hold due to the vagaries of my job plus the utter unpredictability of the CEO at work
- I keep hitting renew on Xubuntu Documentation even though I haven't submitted anything in a while
- Eventually I will be back but I have things to resolve with the crazy job
- Atlantic Hurricane Season apparently started early with Subtropical Storm Alberto
- I will be leading activities at a local nursing home to recognize Memorial Day on Monday
- RiffTrax Live: Space Mutiny is coming up in mid-June and I may go see that